Sunday, July 11, 2021

Unidentified African-American Photographs at Louisiana State Archives in the Britten Collection

Unidentified
Source: Louisiana State Archives


Last week while conducting genealogy research at the Louisiana State Archives in Baton Rouge, La., Bill Stafford, Louisiana State Archives Research Library Administrator, went into his office and came out with a box of unidentified photographs of African-Americans from the Britten Family Collection.

I was delighted to see the beautiful unidentified photographs. I did recognize an original postcard of the  Tangipahoa Parish Training School for the Colored in  Kentwood, Louisiana. I took photographs of some of the pictures to share on my social media sites. I decided to Live-Stream a special video on my Facebook page asking anyone who knows the Britten family to contact me concerning this collection. 

Bill said that someone dropped them off at the archives. At least the family didn't throw them away. That evening, Eric Williams and Ann Hurst reached out to the Britten family to see if the Britten's they know could help us identify anyone in the photographs. 


Unidentified
Source: Louisiana State Archives




Unidentified
Source: Louisiana State Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment