Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Honoring the Beautiful Memory of My Dear Cousin Juanita Harrell Stewart


Juanita Harrell Stewart, my maternal 2nd cousin removed, was such a stunning, elegant woman, well poised, gracious, and elegant person. Throughout our relationship, she blessed me with so much love and support. She never hesitated to express her pride in my accomplishments. 

She was born to Edgar Harrell and Minnie Nolan Harrell in 1922 in New Orleans, Louisiana. She died in 2008 in Kentwood, LA. Juanita was married to Isaac Stewart and they were the parents of two children: Michael Stewart and Gwendolyn Lorraine Stewart. 

She was a lifelong member of Petty AME Church before Hurricane Katrina.  She served as a secretary for the church for many years. In New Orleans, she belonged to a variety of civc and social organizations. In fact, she had so many talents including being a seamstress and having for sewing. In addition, she preserved an extensive collection of family photos and other documents relating to the Harrell family.

I was cleaning out my files today and I came across the guest book for her Homegoing Service. I reread some of the cards and floral cards that were left. Her church family, church district family, and countless of other people, relatives, and friends loved her dearly. I for one, I will never forget my beautiful cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment