Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Hands That Keep On Giving

 

The Hands of Mrs. Ella Baton
Photo Credit: Jo'elle K. LaCoste


Several years ago, I was introduced to Ms. Badon by Dr. Kingsley Blaine Garrison, one of her former students. We spent several months and many long hours discussing local history. I learned so much from Ms. Badon, and she was generous in sharing what could remember. Despite being in her nineties, she maintained a sharp and sound mind. I hope that if I lived to see her age, my mind would be half as sharp has hers. I love this picture of our hands holding the book that our minds gave birth too. Throughout the process of writing and publishing this book, she played a major role in the success of the book. So many social, educational, and humanitarian activities were carried out by her hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment